sábado, 10 de julho de 2021

"Shattered Sea" Trilogy, by Joe Abercrombie | What a journey!

Holly day, this trilogy was quite something! I love the short chapters, makes me feel like i'm progressing faster.


**Warning: The text below might contain spoilers and a fair amount of sarcasm**
**Disclaimer: All of this is purely my personal opinion. That means that it's not worth anything for anyone but me.** 
 
 
This one will be short.
I absolutely loved these three books! The characters, the lies, the twists, the mystery, all utterly fantastic!
I didn't notice it in the first book, started suspecting in the second, and got confirmation in the third... the story presents itself like a fantasy, but it's actually a "post-apocalyptic" story. Now that I look at the map, I can see that the "Shattered Sea" is the Baltic Sea; "Strokom" are the ruins of Stockholm; and "The First of Cities" is Istanbul! Everything fits... ans it's brilliant!
 
Yarvi was, by far, the most interesting character, from king to slave, from slave to head of the ministry. Yet, only the first book had Yarvi as a POV character, the character's from the other two books had their stories intertwined with what Yarvi set in motion, so the story is told by their perspective.
 
 Like I said, really short one, because I loved it, not much to rant about. 5/5 for sure!
 

 



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário